Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Sandro’s ICI testimony not for public consumption 

The Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) will no longer release the video testimony of House Majority Leader Ferdinand Alexander “Sandro” Marcos in connection with the ongoing probe into the multibillion-peso flood control corruption scheme.

“As per (ICI) Chairman (Andres) Reyes: Cong. Sandro Marcos declared under oath that he was not amenable to livestreaming or public broadcasting of his testimony. Thus, until the Commission receives a written authority from Cong. Marcos allowing the release, the commission is constrained from releasing the video recording of his testimony,” said ICI Executive Director Brian Keith Hosaka, in response to media requests for the video.

- Advertisement -

This is in contrast to a previous statement by Marcos, indicating that he would grant the ICI complete authority to disclose details of his testimony if the probe body deems that it would not compromise the investigation.

Last week, Marcos attended the ICI hearing to shed light on the matter; however, the proceeding was held behind closed doors.

The lawmaker said he attended the hearing voluntarily to help the ICI with its investigation.

“I was not served a subpoena, and I was not subject to any investigation. However, I am willing to give and tell the ICI anything that I might know that would further the investigation,” the presidential son said.

Marcos earlier expressed his willingness to appear before the ICI to clear his name after former Ako Bicol Rep. Zaldy Co linked him to anomalous budget insertions in the 19th Congress.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img