House Majority Leader Sandro Marcos has expressed his willingness to appear before the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) “at any time” to clear his name after resigned Ako Bicol Rep. Zaldy Co linked him to allegedly anomalous budget insertions.
“Regardless of position and who you are, no one is above the law. Given that I have nothing to hide, I hereby submit myself for investigation by the ICI at their earliest convenience,” said the President’s son in a letter to ICI dated Nov. 26.
Rep. Marcos sent the letter to the ICI after Co, former chair of the House Committee on Appropriations during the 19th Congress, alleged that Rep. Marcos had nearly P51 billion in budget insertions across three years.
The former lawmaker alleged that Marcos had budget insertions of P9.3 billion in 2023, P20.17 billion in 2024, and P21.127 billion in 2025.
“Let me state this clearly and without hesitation: I am willing to appear before the Commission at any time. I welcome the opportunity to shed light on any matter that may assist your review,” Rep. Marcos told the ICI.
“I extend my full respect to the work of the Independent Commission on Infrastructure and its efforts to uncover the truth behind the ongoing investigation on flood control projects,” the President’s son said in his letter.
Rep. Marcos said: “I stand ready to cooperate, answer questions, and provide any clarification needed to move this investigation forward. Please inform my office of the schedule you deem appropriate. You have my commitment that I will be there,” Rep. Marcos further told the ICI.
Rep. Marcos’ letter was marked received by the ICI at 8:56 a.m. on Nov. 27, Thursday. It was posted on the legislator’s social media page.
Rep. Marcos earlier criticized Co as the new “champion of the DDS cabal,” accusing him of spreading lies from abroad to destabilize the government and evade accountability. He also said earlier that the public should remember that Co is “a person with no credibility whose vested interests are to release these videos to destabilize the government.”
Editor’s Note: This is an updated article. Originally posted with the headline: “Sandro Marcos willing to appear before ICI”







