The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) reiterated on Sunday its rejection of unconstitutional means to change the country’s leadership, specifically calling for military intervention.
The statement comes a week ahead of the November 30 protest rallies against corruption and amid an alleged destabilization plot against President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
In a post on its Facebook page, the military stressed that it remains a “professional, disciplined, and non-partisan institution committed to serving the people and protecting the Republic.”
“We believe that the fight against corruption must be pursued through constitutional, transparent, and lawful processes – never through force, intimidation, or military intervention,” the AFP said.
“Our duty is to defend the nation, uphold democratic institutions, and safeguard the peace,” it added.
The AFP then urged its personnel and Filipinos to “unite in saying no to military intervention,” adding that the military’s strength “lies in its loyalty to the Constitution and to the Flag.”
The military made the remarks a week before the November 30 protests against corruption and the flood control controversy, organized by the Kilusang Bayan Kontra Kurakot (KBKK), and amid talk of an alleged destabilization plot against the Marcos administration.
Earlier this month, Malacañang said the military’s intelligence community is verifying the claim of an alleged destabilization plot after veteran journalist Ramon Tulfo posted a list of personalities allegedly linked to the plot on his social media account.
The Department of National Defense (DND) also dismissed talk that former military officials were involved in the supposed plot, while AFP chief of staff Gen. Romeo Brawner Jr. said they are checking if active members are involved in any plot against the government.
Last week, AFP personnel renewed their oath to remain non-partisan and to defend and uphold the 1987 Constitution amid talk of an alleged destabilization plot against President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
Previously, the KBKK said the November 30 protests will be held at the Luneta, EDSA, and various venues across the country.
The mass action aims to pressure the government into initiating more reforms to protect public funds amid an ongoing probe of anomalies in flood control projects.
Meanwhile, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) stated it will be on full alert starting November 28 in preparation for the massive protests.







