Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

‘President Marcos won’t block public requests for his SALN’

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will not prevent anyone from requesting a copy of his Statement of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALN), Malacañang said on Thursday.

This came after the Akbayan Party, together with civil society groups, submitted a letter to the Office of the Ombudsman requesting the release of the SALNs of President Marcos, Vice President Sara Duterte, and other top government officials.

- Advertisement -

“Just wait. The President will not stop that,” Palace Press Officer Claire Castro told reporters when asked for comment. “Let them wait for the Ombudsman’s response,” she added.

The letter was sent to Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla following the issuance of Memorandum Circular 3, which lifts restrictions on public access to government officials’ SALNs.

Castro earlier said Mr. Marcos and his Cabinet members are ready to make their SALNs public. The Cabinet had previously met to discuss disclosure procedures.

In 2020, the Office of the Ombudsman limited public access to SALNs by requiring the owner’s consent before a request could be evaluated.

Several senators and congressmen have recently begun releasing their own SALNs.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img