Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

NewJeans to appeal court ruling upholding contract with ADOR

K-pop girl group NewJeans will appeal the Seoul Central District Court’s ruling that upheld the validity of their exclusive contract with management label ADOR.

On Thursday, Oct. 30, the group legal representatives shared in a statement released through law firm Shin & Kim LLC that though the members Danielle, Minji, Hanni, Haerin, and Hyein respect the court’s decision, they said that continuing under ADOR is “impossible” due to a “complete collapse of trust.”

- Advertisement -

“For the lawsuit filed by ADOR against the members for the confirmation of the validity of their exclusive contracts, the Seoul Central District Court ruled at the court of first instance today that the exclusive contracts are valid,” the statement said. 

“Accordingly, the members will immediately appeal the first-instance ruling and hope the appellate court will review the facts and render a wise judgment,” it added.

The group also expressed gratitude to fans who have supported them throughout the legal battle.

Earlier this week, the court ruled in favor of ADOR, saying it was “difficult to recognize that ADOR violated any contractual obligations” by dismissing former CEO Min Hee-jin. The ruling also ordered NewJeans to shoulder the litigation costs.

The dispute began in November 2024, when the group attempted to terminate its contract and rebrand as NJZ.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img