Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

DOH rolls out flu program, reports 25% drop in cases

The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday launched its “Trangkaso Bye-Bye” campaign to promote flu prevention habits as the country remains in flu season.

The campaign underscores the importance of regular handwashing, sufficient rest, and eating fruits and vegetables.

- Advertisement -

Health officials said the drive aims to remind Filipinos that small daily actions can protect families from influenza and other respiratory infections.

DOH data showed 6,457 cases of Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) from September 28 to October 11, 2025 — a 25% decrease from 8,628 cases during the same period last year.

ILI is an acute respiratory infection caused by viruses such as Influenza A and B, RSV, and Rhinovirus. The DOH said prevention remains the best defense against seasonal illnesses.

The “Trangkaso Bye-Bye” campaign is part of DOH’s broader effort to strengthen health awareness during the rainy season. At the same time, the agency expanded its mental health programs for students after reports of panic attacks and anxiety during recent earthquakes.

Through its Peer Support Groups Playbook Program, now being rolled out in Cavite National High School, DOH aims to equip students with mental health tools and peer networks that can provide support during emergencies and personal crises.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img