Dizon to revive cadet program to get new recruits
Many people in the Department of Public Works and Highways would lose their jobs as the government continues its probe into anomalous flood control projects, Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said Saturday.
Dizon said this would happen as reforms are being implemented in the agency.

“First of all, it’s not ‘many might lose their jobs’, many really will lose their jobs, “ Dizon told reporters.
He said that “at the rate we are going”, DPWH would let go many people “from top to bottom” and will need to find a way to replace those who will be sacked.
He announced plans to revive DPWH’ cadet engineering program to produce the best and the brightest civil engineers in the country during his meeting with former DPWH secretaries Rogelio “Babes” Singson and Ping de Jesus.
The former DPWH secretaries were invited to speak at the strategic planning workshop of key department officials in Clark, Pampanga.
Dizon said reviving the program is one way to “boost the morale” of those doing their jobs efficiently in the agency.
“But we also need to seek external help, like getting external advisers from widely respected engineering companies. That is also important,” he said
In late September, Dizon issued show-cause orders against several regional directors and district engineers believed to be involved in substandard infrastructure projects, tampering of evidence, as well as those flagged for having lavish lifestyles beyond their means.

Dizon has personally filed the graft and corruption, and malversation complaints against Henry Alcantara, Brice Hernandez and 18 other officials and employees of the Bulacan 1st District Engineering Office, who released the payment for the unfinished or non-existent projects.
They were also charged with violating the Government Procurement Act.
Dizon had earlier said he was going against “multi-billion” syndicates inside his agency.







