Grammy Award-winning Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny will headline next year’s Super Bowl halftime show, ending weeks of speculation that Taylor Swift might take the stage.
On Sunday, Sept. 28, the NFL announced that the performance is set for Feb. 8 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
Bad Bunny said earlier this month he would not perform in the United States during his upcoming world tour because of concerns over immigration raids at concerts.
“What I’m feeling goes beyond myself. It’s for those who came before me and ran countless yards so I could come in and score a touchdown. This is for my people, my culture, and our history,” Bad Bunny said in a statement.
The halftime show has long featured music’s biggest names, from Michael Jackson and Prince to Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, and Kendrick Lamar. Bad Bunny himself made a brief appearance alongside Lopez in 2020 at the Miami Super Bowl.
Taylor Swift, who is engaged to Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, had been linked to the show but reportedly turned down the offer despite the NFL publicly expressing interest.







