Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Manila all set for Luneta rally

The city government of Manila has deployed more than 300 personnel in 14 designated sites to offer support services to the public as mass protests are staged across the city.

In a press briefing on Sunday, Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso vowed to ensure the safety and welfare of everyone in the city.

- Advertisement -

“This is our small share and initiative for those people who will go to Manila, particularly our people who will participate in the activities in different areas within the city limits… If anyone needs medical assistance, anyone, I repeat, anyone who needs their assistance, we will help,” he said.

Among the personnel on site were from different departments including Manila City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MCDRRMO), Manila Health Department (MHD), Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau (MTPB), among others.

Deployment areas include the Postal Bank, Post Office, PLM Roundtable, Katigbak Ninoy Aquino, Museo Pambata, the service road in front of the U.S. Embassy, Mendiola, DBM Ayala Bridge, NPC Center Island, and five sites at the Kartilya ng Katipunan.

Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ checks a sitemap for the anti-corruption rallies in the city. (Courtesy: Manila Public Information Office)

The said sites are equipped with portalets and water stations, available to both police and protesters.

The city government also deployed doctors, nurses, first responders, ambulances, and equipment to ensure readiness.

Meanwhile, Domagoso appealed to protesters to conduct the rallies peacefully.

“If we are calling out people in government for their bad behaviors, we need to show that we, too, have good behavior… We don’t need to imitate the bad behavior that some people in government have done,” the mayor said.

For his part, Manila Police District (MPD) acting director Brigadier Gen. Arnold Abad said a total of 3,000 uniformed personnel were installed in the city to ensure an orderly and peaceful protest.

“Our PNP, especially MPD, has been ready since last week… We have coordinated with different government agencies,” he said.

The protest titled “Baha sa Luneta: Aksyon na Laban sa Korapsyon” will be staged at Rizal Park while the “Trillion Peso March” will be held at the EDSA People Power Monument in the afternoon.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img