President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Thursday assured residents displaced by a massive fire at Happyland, Barangay 105 in Tondo, Manila that the government will continue to provide support until their lives return to normal.
The president visited two evacuation sites in Tondo, where families are temporarily staying following the blaze that destroyed hundreds of homes on September 13.
The President oversaw the distribution of food packs, hygiene kits, sleeping kits, and cash assistance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
“Even with what happened, please expect that your government is here, watching over you, supporting you, and we will ensure that we will take care of all your needs,” President Marcos said.
The President said he ordered Social Welfare Secretary Rex Gatchalian to mobilize relief efforts immediately after the fire.

He also directed the deployment of medical teams to prevent outbreaks of illness in the crowded evacuation centers.
“Just a little patience, we will do everything to get you back to your normal life,” Mr. Marcos said.
Once families are cleared to return home, the government will explore assistance for rebuilding or rehabilitating damaged houses, the President said.
Earlier in the day, the president also met with fire survivors at Antonio Villegas Vocational High School, another temporary shelter for affected families. Others are being housed at the covered court in Barangay 105.
The DSWD said it distributed 2,235 family food packs, the same number of hygiene and sleeping kits, and served 2,000 hot meals from its mobile kitchen.
Beneficiaries also received P15,109 each through the agency’s emergency cash transfer program, covering 29 days.
The Happyland fire broke out late Saturday, rapidly engulfing the densely populated coastal community.







