THE Department of Justice (DOJ) on Friday released the Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO) against businessman Charlie Atong Ang, actress Gretchen Barretto, retired Lt. Gen. Jonnel Estomo, and over 50 other people cited in the missing cockfight enthusiasts or “sabungeros” case.
Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said all personalities tagged in the controversy by whistleblower Julie Patidongan alias “Totoy” have been issued ILBOs.
“We have issued the lookout bulletins. One left for abroad. I don’t know if he has returned,” Remulla told reporters.
ILBOs direct immigration personnel to be on the lookout for the affected persons, but do not authorize them to prevent departure.
Once the preliminary investigation starts, Remulla said the DOJ panel of prosecutors can request for a Precautionary Hold Departure Order (PHDO) from the court.
The PHDO will prevent respondents from departing the country until the DOJ concludes its probe for probable cause.
Remulla said Ang’s sibling had left the Philippines.
Earlier this week, Prosecutor General Richard Anthony Fadullon said prosecutors have completed their evaluation of the complaint in the “missing sabungeros” case and will begin the preliminary investigation stage.
He said the panel of prosecutors will start issuing subpoenas once they receive the records of the case.
Ang, Barretto, and Estomo have all denied involvement in the alleged kidnapping and disappearance of several cockfight enthusiasts who were supposedly killed and dumped at Taal Lake







