Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

VP Sara agrees to hold responsible officials tagged in flood control mess

Vice President Sara Duterte emphasized the need to hold public officials and contractors accountable over the alleged ‘ghost’ and substandard flood control projects. 

In an interview in The Hague, Netherlands, Duterte answered questions from the media about recent issues of corruption in infrastructure.

- Advertisement -

“Public officials and contractors of ghost projects and substandard projects should be held accountable because that is dangerous to the citizens,” she said.

The vice president also pointed out that investigations should extend beyond flood control projects, highlighting concerns regarding the Department of Education’s (DepEd) school building program in 2024. 

“Let’s not stop with flood control projects because in 2024, last year, I already said that the school building program of the Department of Education was divided among members of the House of Representatives, but no one reacted. Until now, no one is talking, no one is investigating. It’s not just flood control,” Duterte said.

When asked how she would address corruption issues, if given the opportunity, Duterte said she does not want to offer ‘free’ advice to the administration on handling corruption issues in its infrastructure programs.

She also commented on President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s lifestyle check directive, saying it should cover all elected and appointed officials, including their so-called ‘dummies.’

The vice president and her siblings—Davao City Rep. Paolo Duterte, Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte, and Kitty Duterte—visited their father, former president Rodrigo Duterte, who remains detained in The Hague, Netherlands on charges of crimes against humanity.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img