Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Palace confirms Marcos offering new post for Torre

President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has offered a new government position to former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III, though Malacañang said details will only be disclosed once Torre accepts the appointment.

Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro on Wednesday confirmed that Torre has been offered a new role following his relief as PNP chief earlier this week.

- Advertisement -

“It is confirmed that a position is being offered,” Castro told reporters.

She declined to specify whether the offer was for a Cabinet post, saying, “The details will be provided once everything is settled and General Torre has given his approval.”

Asked what convinced Marcos to remove Torre, Castro pointed to remarks made by Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla on Tuesday, who cited unresolved issues between Torre and the National Police Commission (Napolcom).

“We just have to respect the wisdom of the President on this matter,” Castro said.

Torre, who took over the PNP earlier this year, had overseen high-profile operations including the arrest of former president Rodrigo Duterte and Kingdom of Jesus Christ leader Apollo Quiboloy.

Castro rejected suggestions that Torre’s relief led to a messy transition in police leadership, stressing that the former PNP chief and the President had spoken.

“We know that General Torre understands what happened, and he also respects the President’s decision,” she said.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img