Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

No Filipinos among New York bus crash casualties — DFA

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirmed that no Filipinos were killed in the recent New York bus crash, as verified by New York State Police.

In a statement released on Sunday, August 23, the DFA said that all passengers in the bus have been identified and their next-of-kin have been notified, and no Filipinos were among the fatalities.

- Advertisement -

“Most of the passengers brought to the hospitals were discharged. Those that sustained major injuries are expected to recover,” according to the DFA.

However, the foreign affairs department also said that no one has approached the Consulate for assistance so far.

On Saturday, August 22, the Consulate General of the Philippines in New York posted contact information for anyone needing assistance related to the incident.

“For the victims of the accident or their next of kin, the Consulate can be reached at the Assistance-to-Nationals Hotline (917) 294-0196,” the Consulate stated.

Reports showed that there were 54 people on the bus when the accident happened.

Passengers include Filipino, Indian, and Chinese nationals, authorities said.

The DFA has not yet released details on the health status of Filipinos involved in the crash.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img