The Philippine Army (PA) has enhanced its capability to respond to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) threats after a simulation exercise held last week at the Support Command, Camp Servillano Aquino in Tarlac City.
In a statement on Sunday, the PA said the exercise was spearheaded by the Office of the Chief Ordnance and Chemical Service and the Installation Management Command, in partnership with international stakeholders including the International Police, the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and the United States Army.

It aimed to assess and strengthen the Army’s readiness in addressing CBRN incidents within military installations through realistic scenarios simulating chemical attacks in multiple locations.
The activity was conducted in line with the CBRN Contingency Plan “Lazarus,” serving as a framework for evaluating and improving the Army’s protocols in handling such threats.
Army Commanding General Lt. Gen. Antonio G. Nafarrete stressed the importance of continuous training and capacity-building for soldiers and personnel.
“Ang mahusay at malakas na mga tauhan ang siyang pundasyon ng isang matatag na Hukbong Katihan na handang tumugon sa anumang hamon panseguridad,” he said.







