Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Beauty Gonzalez takes a breather after yearlong shoot 

Beauty Gonzalez is taking time off after wrapping up the hit afternoon drama Prinsesa ng City Jail, which she revealed ran for an entire year without the cast realizing how long they had been working together.

“That’s true!” Gonzalez said. “Funny, we didn’t notice it. It was so light on the set. All of us became friends in that period. We complemented one another’s attitude. I hope to see them again.”

- Advertisement -

The actress said she currently has no follow-up project but is looking forward to resting and spending more time with her family.

“Maybe the word ‘burnout’ is true in my case. I felt it. I’m happy with my career, but I need to pause for a while. My work for the past years had been consecutive,” she said. “But of course, if a good and challenging project crops up, I will not say no.”

Gonzalez, who has been working nonstop since her daughter Olivia was just seven months old, said she wants to make up for lost time now that Olivia is entering her teenage years.

She also expressed her gratitude to GMA Network for the steady stream of work. “Yes, I want to thank GMA Network for believing in me, for always entrusting me with nice projects.”

Asked who among her fellow Kapuso stars she’d like to work with, Gonzalez mentioned Dingdong Dantes, Alden Richards, Dennis Trillo, Ruru Madrid, and Gabby Concepcion. She also hopes to reunite with Kelvin Miranda, her former leading man.

On her young co-stars in Prinsesa ng City Jail, Gonzalez said she grew particularly close to Lauren King and Sofia Pablo. She praised King’s dedication, sharing how the young actress regularly traveled from Clark, Pampanga, to the taping location. She said GMA eventually arranged a shuttle service to ease King’s commute.

“As for Sofia, I also take my hat off to her industry. She was able to juggle her career and studies. She just graduated with honors! It’s so admirable,” she said.

***

Aga Muhlach took to social media to share a heartfelt message for his daughter Atasha, who is making her acting debut in Viva One’s upcoming series Bad Genius, an adaptation of the hit Thai film of the same name.

In his post, Muhlach expressed his pride over Atasha’s growing career, recalling her early days as a performer on Eat Bulaga! and acknowledging the dedication she has shown since then.

“I know all the hard work you have poured in from the day you started in Eat Bulaga! with all your dance prods and doing a daily show, it ain’t no joke. But you did it. And that’s because you wanted to,” he wrote. “Take a bow.”

Muhlach thanked the Dabarkads for supporting Atasha and reminded his daughter to keep doing her best, no matter the outcome. “Just keep giving your all in every project you do. Whether you’re good or bad, or whether they’ll like it or not, it’s just okay as long as you know in your heart you gave it your all.”

He also encouraged both Atasha and her twin brother, Andres, who is also starting in showbiz, to remain grounded and resilient. “You and Andres have a long way to go, but what’s important is you’re both in and working already. Proud of you both.”

“Good luck, and just hold on. It can get rough. But God’s got your back,” he added. “Have fun! Congratulations! Your proud dad here.”

Bad Genius, The Series marks Atasha Muhlach’s first major acting project under Viva.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img