Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said on Thursday he is planning to meet with Supreme Court (SC) Chief Justice Alexander Gesmundo to discuss the judiciary’s alleged links to the case of missing ‘sabungeros.’
In an interview with justice reporters, Remulla emphasized the huge amount of money involved in e-sabong operations such that he would discuss the matter with the chief magistrate.
“We will tell him what are the things that are hindering our way through this because the enemy is really heavy because of the money,” he said in Filipino.
Remulla revealed the mastermind personally admitted that the connection of the group reaches up to the SC.
While he is hopeful that no local courts are involved, the DOJ chief underscored that police officers and government officials, mostly from Luzon, are also connected with the e-sabong operations.
Remulla refused to identify individuals involved because of the ongoing case build-up.
He noted earlier that the disappearance and killing of ‘sabungeros’ involved in so-called ‘tsope’ or those accused of cheating in gambling only began at the height of e-sabong operations in recent years.







