The Philippine National Police (PNP) clarified it did not authorize any fitness instructor, including influencer Rendon Labador, to lead a weight loss program for the entire organization.
The clarification came after Labador appeared at a physical fitness activity held at Camp Crame on June 19, leading some to believe he had been officially tapped by PNP leadership for a broader initiative.
In a June 21 memo, PNP Directorate for Police Community Relations head MGen. Roderick Augustus Alba said the program was initiated solely by the Police Community Affairs and Development Group (PCADG) and was limited to its own members.
PNP spokesperson BGen. Jean Fajardo said there was no directive from PNP Chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III to assign any individual as the program’s head. She reminded personnel to be cautious in posting unverified information online.
Torre has previously said he would offer a “graceful exit” to officers unable to meet physical fitness standards. Labador, for his part, said he joined the 93-day PCADG program for free, citing his late father’s service as a policeman.







