Death toll from Typhoon Odette, which lashed Mindanao, Visayas and Palawan last week, has climbed to 378—including 218 who have remained unidentified, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.on Sunday.
Some 742 were injured while 60 remain missing.
Odette, the 15th and strongest typhoon to whip the country in 2021, affected 3,953,880 people or 1,012,997 families in Mimaropa, Region 5, Region 6, Region 7, Region 8, Region 9, Region 10, Region 11, Region 12, CARAGA, and BARMM.
The typhoon also displaced 546,100 persons, including 270,063 people who are outside evacuation centers and 276,037 who are staying within the 1,198 evacuation sites in their respective areas.
The NDRRMC also said agricultural damage is estimated to be valued at P3,963,676,507.
Housing damage has been estimated to be worth P29,209,218.
Meanwhile, the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao has sent its Solidarity Mission to Northern Mindanao with 30 truckloads of relief goods for residents hardly hit by Typhoon Odette in the islands of Siargao and Dinagat in Surigao del Norte.
Officials said the region had earmarked P13 million in relief goods for Typhoon Odette victims, consisting of P 2,500 bags (125,000 kilos) of rice, as well as 1,600 water containers, and 3,200 boxes of water purification tablets.
BARMM’s Solidarity Mission was headed by Minister Raissa Herradura Jajurie, of the region’s Ministry of Social Services and Development.
Jajurie said the BARMM Solidarity Mission’s flagship also carried along 2,000 cooked food packs prepared by the Bangsamoro Rapid
Emergency Action on Disaster Incidence (READi), under the Ministry of the Interior and Local Government (MILG), and some 1,500 hygiene kits from the region’s Project Tabang.






