Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Qatar

Rubio visits Israel after Qatar strike

JERUSALEM – Top US diplomat Marco Rubio begins a visit to Israel on Sunday, after expressing the Trump administration’s unwavering support for its ally...

UN Security Council condemns strikes on Qatar, without naming Israel

United Nations, United States—The UN Security Council on Thursday condemned strikes on Qatar earlier this week and called for de-escalation, without naming Israel which carried...

Israel defends Qatar strikes after rebuke from Trump

Jerusalem, Undefined—Israel's UN envoy defended targeting Hamas leaders in Qatar as the "right" decision on Wednesday, after the strikes on the US ally's soil drew...

Trump issues rare rebuke to Netanyahu over Qatar strikes

Washington, United States—President Donald Trump gave Benjamin Netanyahu a rare slap on the wrist Tuesday over Israel's strikes against Hamas in Qatar, as he insisted...

Drones hit radar systems at Iraqi military bases

Baghdad, Iraq—Unidentified drones struck radar systems at two military bases in Iraq early Tuesday, security sources said. The strikes came hours after Iran launched missiles at...

DMW says returning OFWs safe after Mideast flight disruptions

The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) reported Tuesday that all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) bound for Manila are “safe and sound” after encountering flight...

World Cup-bound Gilas 3×3 women jump to 14th in world rankings

THE Gilas Pilipinas Women are headed to the 2025 FIBA 3x3 U23 World Cup later this year following a masterful performance at the FIBA...

Sara, Imee spend day with OFWs in Doha; VP bound for The Hague

Vice President Sara Duterte yesterday met with overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Qatar, even as she prepared for another trip to the Netherlands to...

Trump’s Air Force One Qatari ‘gift’ hailed, blasted

WASHINGTON, DC – Donald Trump on Sunday (Monday Manila time) defended plans to receive a new Air Force One as a gift, after reports...

Israel calls up tens of thousands of reservists for Gaza offensive

Israel was issuing orders to call up tens of thousands of reservists ahead of an expanded offensive in Gaza, Israeli media reported Saturday, as...

Marcos: 17 OFWs in Qatar freed, no charges filed over ‘illegal assembly’

President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. announced Monday that Qatar will no longer pursue charges against 17 Filipinos, who were detained in the Gulf state...

Marcos push helps free 17 pro-Rody protesters in Qatar

Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) Secretary Hans Cacdac on Thursday announced the 17 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) detained in Qatar over "suspected unauthorized political...

Qatar frees 3 minors, 17 still in detention

Three Filipino minors have been released after being detained by Qatari authorities for their participation in a political demonstration, Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)...

Gov’t assisting Rody supporters jailed in Qatar

The government yesterday assured it is extending the necessary assistance to Filipinos who were arrested in Qatar for allegedly taking part in an unauthorized...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img