Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: K-12

Briones: First year of K-12 went well

The Department of Education Secretary Leonor Briones on Friday allayed fears of massive teacher displacement and large dropout rates in the first year of...

Solon questions budget for K-12

A party-list lawmaker questioned on Friday the P23.9-billion allotment for the implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) voucher program for private schools, since...

Protest

Students gathered  in Mendiola, Manila, on Monday against the K-12 program and called on President Rodrigo Duterte to immediately stop it and let the...

Senator pushes for K-12 Oversight panel creation

SENATOR-ELECT Sherwin Gatchalian on Saturday urged the incoming congressional leadership to  give priority to  the convening of the Joint Congressional Oversight Committee on the...

Grade 11 enrollees top 1m

DAVAO CITY—The Education Department said Friday the 1-million mark for Grade 11 Senior High School students had been breached as it lowered the expected...

K-12 program to include history of Moro struggle

COTABATO CITY—Elementary and secondary school students will soon have a deeper understanding of the Bangsamoro struggle to attain genuine peace and order in Mindanao...

Group slams K-12 program

STUDENTS on Tuesday slammed President Benigno Aquino III and Department of Education  for implementing the K-to-12 program that they described as “a crime” and...

Unprepared for change

THERE is nothing wrong with wanting to be on par with the rest of the world, particularly when it involves the education of our...

K-12 will force .4M to drop out

BETWEEN 200,000 and 400,000 students who finished Grade 10 are not expected to go on to two more years of senior high school under...

An education in continuity

Despite the passage of an enabling law and the preparations undertaken by the Education Department these past few years, the K-to-12 basic education program...

‘Stopping K-12 more troublesome’

DESPITE the protestations and five petitions in the Supreme Court against K-to-12 program, incoming Education secretary Leonor Briones said suspending the program may be...

Duterte fills up only half of 30 Cabinet-level posts

DAVAO CITY—President-elect Rodrigo Duterte has already filled 16 of the 30 Cabinet posts a month before he assumes the presidency, but he has yet...

Students slam K-12 ruling

THE League of Filipino Students and Kabataan Party-list picketed the Supreme Court on Wednesday to protest the court’s decision to reject the issuance of...

SC rejects petitions vs K-12

THE Supreme Court rejected several pleas seeking to stop the implementation of the controversial K to 12 program of the Department of Education that...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img