Friday, May 8, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: firecrackers

PNP asked: Identify banned ’crackers

THE Interior department on Friday urged the Philippine National Police to immediately release the criteria that will determine which firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices are...

’Cracker EO to limit injuries, says Health

Health Secretary Paulyn Jean Rosell-Ubial said  she expects fewer fireworks-related incidents for succeeding New Year’s Day revelries following President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to limit...

Duterte EO curbs sale of firecrackers

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has issued an executive order regulating the use of firecrackers and other pyrotechnic devices. He signed Executive Order 28 on Tuesday that...

Number of firecracker-related injuries stands at 524 so far

The Department of Health (DOH) puts at 524 the total number of persons injured due to firecrackers during the New Year revelry. Health Undersecretary Eric...

Fireworks-related injuries at 141 as of Saturday

The Department of Health (DOH) has recorded a total of 141 firecracker-related injuries as of Saturday at 6 am on New Year's Eve (December...

I give him a 7.5

IT’S not yet New Year’s Eve, but the Department of Health and the police have listed more than 50 cases of firecrackers and pyrotechnics...

Trauma-free

Members of environmental and animal welfare groups hold a special ‘Pet-A-Thon’ at the Quezon City Memorial Circle to discourage the public from using firecrackers...

One welcome change

THERE was a time when Christmas Eve was truly a silent night—when families could gather in their homes in peace and quiet, and when...

Muntinlupa clamps down on use of firecrackers

In the city of Muntinlupa, all kinds of firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices are prohibited, and the city government encourages locals to report offenders to...

Malacañang: No nationwide firecracker ban this year

Malacañang is putting on hold the issuance of an executive order to enforce a nationwide ban on firecrackers on New Year’s eve. In a press...

Firecracker hurts boy, 9, keeps Capiz from clean slate

ROXAS CITY, Capiz—Health officials here are urging the public to celebrate the holidays without using firecrackers, as the Provincial Health Office reported that a...

Students get loud to send message

AS THE schools got ready for the Christmas close-down beginning next week, a health and environmental watch group reached out to young students on...

Bulacan police list allowable fireworks

WITH Christmas less than a month away, the Bulacan provincial police on Tuesday released the list of firecrackers or pyrotechnics that can be sold...

‘Pass training or don’t sell firecrackers’

SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga—About 130 producers and vendors of firecrackers, fireworks and other pyrotechnics in Bulacan must pass an ongoing five-day safety awareness training before...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img