Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi

Cusi still pushes for nuclear program

The Energy Department continues to invite investors in the power sector, including nuclear energy, to attain energy security given the anticipated increase in future...

DOE still keen on West Philippine Sea oil exploration

Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi said the exploration and development of resources in the West Philippine Sea will not compromise the country’s sovereignty. Cusi said the...

Meralco told to explain fee charged on apps

Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi asked Manila Electric Co. to explain the P47 convenience fee it charges to online payment platforms. “We would like your company...

DOE eyes moves to ensure steady supply of power

The Energy Department said it is preparing measures to ensure the adequate and reliable power supply once the enhanced community quarantine is lifted by...

10% of gas stations shut down, says Cusi

About 10 percent of the country’s 9,400 gasoline stations were forced to shut down due to low demand amid the enhanced community quarantine. “The retailers,...

Power demand falls 30% amid Luzon community quarantine as economy slows

The enhanced community quarantine in Luzon reduced electricity demand by around 30 percent from the same period last year, based on the Energy Department’s...

DOE freezes prices of LPG, kerosene in calamity areas

The Energy Department issued a price freeze on household liquefied petroleum gas and kerosene in areas declared under a state of calamity. Energy Secretary Alfonso...

DOE assures enough oil supply

The Energy Department assured the public of continuous and sufficient oil supply in the National Capital Region during the 30-day community quarantine from March...

Energy looking into lawmaker’s call to invalidate IEMOP contract

The Energy Department assured it will look into the call of a lawmaker to invalidate the contract between Philippine Electricity Market Corp. and Independent...

Cusi eyes Chevron area as energy city

Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi recommended the 120-hectare property of National Development Co. in Batangas for energy development by 2021. NDC subsidiary Batangas Land Co. Inc....

Cusi assures stable power supply ahead

The Energy Department and other energy stakeholders on Friday assured the public of concerted efforts to ensure the stable supply of power throughout the...

Will power supply deals finally cut electricity rates?

Foreign investors are aware that the Philippines has one of the highest electricity rates in Asia. The prohibitive cost has forced a number of...

Cusi asks PNOC-EC board to review all its recent contracts

Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi asked the board of state-run PNOC Exploration Corp. to review all contracts after President Rodrigo Duterte sacked the company’s former...

PH wants to talk to other ASEAN countries on joint oil exploration

Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi said he is open to joint oil and gas exploration with other Southeast Asian countries to help the Philippines achieve...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img