Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Attacks across MidEast as war enters 2nd month

Tehran—Gulf countries and Israel came under missile fire and Israeli forces struck Iran on Saturday, as the war raged into its second month with Washington expressing hopes for progress in talks with Tehran.

In a sign that the conflict may be expanding further, Israel’s military said air defenses responded to a missile launched from Yemen – the first since the start of the war on February 28, and after threats from Iran’s Houthi allies to launch attacks.

- Advertisement -

US President Donald Trump, swinging between threats of obliteration and optimistic talk of dealmaking, has insisted the Islamic Republic wants to “make a deal.”

Massive nationwide protests against Trump are expected Saturday (Sunday, Manila time) as millions of people vent fury over what they see as his authoritarian bent and other forms of cruel, law-trampling governance.

It is the third time in less than a year that Americans will take to the streets as part of a grassroots movement called “No Kings,” the most vocal and visual conduit for opposition to Trump since he began his second term in January 2025.

Organizers said more than 3,000 rallies are planned, an increase from the last protest day, in major cities coast to coast and in suburbs and rural areas – even in the Alaskan town of Kotzebue, above the Arctic circle. Emirati authorities said debris from a successful missile interception started fires at an Abu Dhabi industrial zone, injuring five Indian nationals.

As this developed, Saudi Arabia said it had intercepted a missile and several drones, and Bahrain said a blaze caused by the “Iranian aggression” had been brought under control.

In Israel, repeated air raid sirens sent people to shelters, including in Tel Aviv where one man was killed and two others wounded, and in the country’s north, where media reported a simultaneous attack from Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah.

An Iranian missile and drone attack on the Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia wounded at least 12 American soldiers, two of them seriously, according to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, citing unidentified officials.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img