Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Marcos ‘still confident’ in Jonvic, Palace nixes replacement yarn

Malacañang on Monday said President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. continues to have confidence in Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla despite calls for his replacement following controversies involving the Department of the Interior and Local Government.

Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Claire Castro said there had been no discussions in Malacañang about replacing Remulla.

- Advertisement -

Wala pa pong anumang ma-ko-komento sa panawagang ‘yan. Hindi po ito napag-uusapan sa ngayon (There is nothing to comment on yet regarding that call. It is not being discussed at this time),” Castro said during a press briefing.

Castro also denied speculation that former senator Antonio Trillanes IV or former Interior secretary Benhur Abalos could replace Remulla at the DILG.

Wala pa pong ganoong ibinibigay sa ating mga impormasyon (We have not been given that kind of information yet),” Castro said.

Questions about Remulla’s position surfaced following criticism over the handling of information related to fugitive lawmaker Zaldy Co.

Asked whether the President remained satisfied with the DILG’s performance, Castro said she had not seen any indication that Marcos had lost trust in Remulla.

Wala naman po akong nakitaan na natanggal ang tiwala ng Pangulo kay Secretary Jonvic Remulla sa ngayon (I have not seen any indication that the President has withdrawn his trust in Secretary Jonvic Remulla at this time),” she said, noting that Marcos met with him last week.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img