Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

DSWD chief meets TNCs, seeks complete driver list for payouts

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has convened transport network companies (TNCs) and government agencies to address gaps in the payout of cash assistance to transport network vehicle service (TNVS) drivers.

Social Welfare Secretary Rex Gatchalian led the meeting at the DSWD Central Office in Quezon City, with representatives from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and major TNCs, including Grab, Move It, inDrive, Lalamove, Maxim, JoyRide, Angkas and PureRide.

- Advertisement -

“I took it upon myself to call for a meeting for me to better understand your sector. Supposedly, yung binigay nilang listahan sa amin, dapat yun na yun. Dapat malinis yun, walang dagdag, walang kulang. Pero lumalabas noong araw ng TNVS payout noong Tuesday, sobrang daming nagalit sa amin na wala sila sa listahan,” Gatchalian said.

The meeting focused on complaints from drivers who were excluded from beneficiary lists during the initial payout earlier this week.

Gatchalian stressed the need for TNCs to submit complete and accurate rosters, including “temporary” or “tempo” drivers, to ensure all qualified beneficiaries are covered.

Officials noted that Grab and inDrive had the highest number of issues during the payout.

The DSWD chief also asked whether TNCs had submitted full lists of drivers with valid Provisional Authority or Certificate of Public Convenience to the LTFRB.

He said discrepancies may be due to incomplete or missing information, which affects validation.

“In my book, there are a couple of ways why a driver will be delisted. One, lacking information… Number two, obviously, hindi sinubmit for whatever reason,” Gatchalian said, explaining that incomplete records are returned to the LTFRB for correction.

He added that some drivers may have been listed under other sectors or local government units or may have inconsistencies in their submitted details.

Gatchalian urged TNCs to be transparent about drivers operating outside official lists.

“For the record, I think you have to admit that… This is not an inquiry—we’re just trying to find ways to help our drivers kasi ‘yan ang instruction sa amin: leave no driver behind,” he said.

The DSWD said it will continue working with TNCs, the LTFRB and other stakeholders to ensure all eligible TNVS drivers are properly identified and assisted under the government’s cash relief program.

Also present at the meeting were DSWD Undersecretary Monina Josefina Romualdez and Crisis Intervention Program Director Edwin Morata.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img