THE fatalities in the passenger ferry M/V Trisha Kerstin which capsized off Basilan Island on Jan. 26 has risen to 58 with the recovery of one more body from the shipwreck by Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) drivers.
In a statement, PCG spokesperson Capt. Noemie Cayabyab said the recovered body brought the total number of fatalities in the incident to 58, with 293 survivors and 21 people still missing.
“The PCG emphasizes that these figures are consolidated through the joint validation efforts of the Philippine National Police-Scene of the Crime Operatives (PNP-SOCO), City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO), Coast Guard District Southwestern Mindanao (CGDSWM), and the affected families who conduct daily coordination with interagency search and rescue authorities,” Cayabyab said.
PCG divers continue their search for the missing passengers daily, previously finding three bodies on Sunday.







