Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

‘No threats monitored yet for ASEAN’

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said no threats are being monitored so far as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit draws near.

“Our threat assessment, so far, is that we see none. But our meetings are regular. We have participants coming from NICA [National Intelligence Coordinating Agency] and from the AFP [Armed Forces of the Philippines],” Maj. Gen. Ronnie Cariaga, PNP director for operations, said during a briefing at Camp Crame in Quezon City.

- Advertisement -

“We regularly conduct inter-agency meetings to check possible threats that may happen during the upcoming events. But so far, as I mentioned earlier, there are none,” he added.

Cariaga said health protocols are also in place as the inter-agency task force ensures that no threat would affect the ASEAN meetings in the country.

“That’s included. This is an inter-agency task force. The Department of Health is included. The Office of Civil Defense is included, and these factors are part of the threat updates, because the Nipah virus is also a threat,” he said.

“No, we will continue. There are many events that are still ongoing. We will continue as long as our health protocols are completely secure and followed,” he added.

This year’s ASEAN summits are expected to be held at the newly refurbished Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img