Malacañang on Tuesday said President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is in good condition but has been limiting public engagements this week on the advice of his doctors.
Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro said the President has opted to hold private meetings inside Malacañang rather than attend public events outside the Palace as part of medical guidance to slow down his pace.
“His condition is fine,” Castro said in Filipino.
“This is one of the ways he may be instructed by his doctor to slow down a bit,” she added.
Despite the adjustment, the PCO official stressed that Mr. Marcos remains actively engaged in governance, continuing to meet with officials and attend to state matters within the Palace.
“He (Marcos) is still continuing to meet here at the Palace,” Castro said.
Malacañang previously disclosed that the President is suffering from diverticulitis, but emphasized that his schedule adjustment was precautionary and did not affect the performance of his duties.







