Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

DPWH says EDSA rehab being hastened; now 31% complete

THE Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) on Thursday reported that more than 31 percent of the ongoing rehabilitation of Epifanio delos Santos Ave. (EDSA) has been completed as workers continued asphalt overlay and concrete re-blocking to hasten the full reopening of the major thoroughfare to vehicular traffic.

In a statement, Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said work on the project has progressed steadily, with asphalt overlay being carried out on several key stretches. 

- Advertisement -

On the northbound side, crews were working from Roxas Blvd. to Taft Ave. and Tramo to Magallanes, while also continuing overlay from Magallanes back to Taft Ave.

On the southbound side, resurfacing started at Taft Ave. and extends toward Roxas Blvd., with work set to continue in the coming weeks, the DPWH said. 

In addition, concrete re-blocking is underway at the P. Celle U-turn in lane four to improve pavement strength and durability.

Motorists have been advised to temporarily use alternative routes due to the ongoing repair works being carried out in phases to minimize disruption.

Advisories and detour information continue to be disseminated to help commuters plan their travel amid lane closures and traffic adjustments.

The EDSA rehabilitation project, which began during the Christmas holiday period late last month is expected to run for about eight months, with works taking place around-the- clock to meet the targeted completion timeline. 

“As part of traffic mitigation efforts, the EDSA Busway has been maintained and adapted where necessary to keep public transport operating even as adjacent vehicle lanes are resurfaced,” the DPWH said.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img