The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) said Tuesday it approved P154.704 billion worth of investments from January to September 2025, a 33.5-percent increase from P115.89 billion in the same period last year.
The nine-month tally represented nearly 62 percent of PEZA’s P250-billion full-year target.
The approved investments cover 215 new and expansion projects, up 20.1 percent from 179 projects a year earlier. These projects are expected to generate 50,430 direct jobs, a 40.6-percent year-on-year increase, and $4.49 billion in exports, a 78.7-percent rise from $2.51 billion in 2024.
“These approvals demonstrate enduring investor confidence in the Philippines… we are positioned to deliver even bigger economic wins for the country and our people,” PEZA director-general Tereso Panga said, noting the agency is on track to exceed its goal.
Japan led all investing nationalities with P14.778 billion in commitments, accounting for 9.55 percent of the total. This included a flagship P9.1-billion food processing facility in Tarlac, which was one of September’s biggest-ticket projects.
Other major investors came from the Cayman Islands, South Korea, China and the United States.
PEZA approved 36 projects worth P48.869 billion in September, projected to create 10,312 direct jobs and $1.113 billion in exports. Eight of these were big-ticket ventures valued at P44.805 billion, led by the Japanese food facility and a new ecozone development in Quezon province.
“Every ecozone and enterprise approval means new jobs, broader trade opportunities, and stronger industries. These investments reinforce our position as a premier hub in Asia,” Trade Secretary and PEZA board chair Cristina Roque said.
The manufacturing sector remained the backbone of growth, with electronics, automotive and food processing projects contributing over P42.4 billion in approvals in the nine-month period.
Other active sectors included IT-BPM, logistics, facilities and ecozone development.







