Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

NBI asked to probe ‘secret’ health clinic

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Tuesday said he will order the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct its own probe into the underground medical facility that reportedly admitted Chinese nationals suspected with coronavirus following reports that the Philippine National Police released two Chinese nationals they arrested during last week’s raid.

“If this is true, I will ask the NBI to step in and do its own investigation, and instruct the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to look out for them,” Guevarra said in a text message to reporters. 

- Advertisement -

The Justice Secretary issued the statement after it was reported that the PNP-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group released the two Chinese nationals, who were identified as Hu Ling, the suspected supervisor, and Lee Seung Hyun, the supposed pharmacist of the clandestine clinic.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img