Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

DSWD ramps up ECT payouts for typhoon victims in Cebu

THE Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said it has distributed emergency cash transfer (ECT) assistance to 20,788 Tino-affected families in various towns in Cebu province in a series of pay-outs conducted on Dec. 11 to 13.

In a statement on Tuesday, DSWD Assistant Secretary Irene Dumlao, chief of the agency’s Disaster Response Management Group (DRMG), said effort were being exerted to ensure that assistance continues to reach families affected by typhoon Tino, especially those whose houses sustained slight to severe damage.

- Advertisement -

“We are ensuring that assistance continues to reach families affected by recent disasters that hit Cebu. Last week, a series of ECT pay-outs were conducted to reach out and help the families affected by Tino. This is in line with Secretary Rex Gatchalian’s instructions and based on the directive of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. that no affected family should be left behind in times of disasters,” said Dumlao, also the agency’s spokesperson.

On Thursday, Dec. 11, the DSWD Field Office in Central Visayas facilitated the ECT payout for 726 Tino-affected families at the Panphil B. Frasco Sports Complex in Liloan town. Each beneficiary received P10,125 in cash assistance.

On the same day, 58 families in Danao City received cash assistance at the Guinacot covered court, while 191 families were also granted ECT payouts in the municipality of Compostela.

The regional DSWD office  also conducted a large-scale ECT payout on Dec.12-13 in Talisay City, covering a total of 17,562 families.

Of this number, 2,962 families were recorded as having sustained severe damage to their houses.

The payout was conducted in various parts of Talisay City, including the Talisay Poblacion Sports Complex, Bulacao Gym, San Roque Gym, and Barangay Biasong.

Also on Friday, a total of 1,911 families in Mandaue City and 340 severely affected families in Consolacion received cash assistance through the ECT program in close coordination with their respective LGUs.

Dumlao gave assurance that the Department will continue to conduct payouts until all qualified individuals are extended assistance.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img