Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Ombudsman: New cases linked to flood control mess soon

The Office of the Ombudsman may file new cases at the Sandiganbayan this week in relation to the flood control scandal, Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano said.

“There are some cases that are up for filing that may reach the Sandiganbayan,” Clavano told reporters on Tuesday.

- Advertisement -

He said he cannot give an exact timeline, but they will file the cases as soon as they can.

Clavano clarified it is not certain that cases will be filed, although the office will endeavor to do so as long as the case meets the legal threshold.

In a message to reporters, Clavano wrote: “The statement this morning regarding cases to be filed was couched in tentative terms… It is almost there but the last touches are sometimes the most crucial.”

In November, the Office of the Ombudsman filed malversation and graft charges over alleged Oriental Mindoro flood control project anomalies against former congressman Zaldy Co, several Department of Public Works and Highways Region IV-B officials, and board directors of Sunwest Corp.

Earlier this month, graft and malversation charges were also filed against St. Timothy Construction owner Sarah Discaya and others over a supposed “ghost” project in Davao Occidental.

Clavano said the preliminary investigation on former senator Bong Revilla is at its “advanced stage” at the Department of Justice.

He issued the statement when asked which senators may have arrest warrants filed against them next week.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img