Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Suspects in flood control anomalies evade QC cops

The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has launched an immediate manhunt for four accused in the anomalous flood control projects, following the Sandiganbayan’s issuance of multiple arrest warrants.

In a statement, the QCPD said the subjects of the manhunt are Anthony Ngo, a Sunwest board member; Lerma Cayco, Accountant IV of the Bids and Awards committee of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Region 5-B; Dominic Gregorio Serrano, Chief of the Construction Division, DPWH Region 5-B; and Timojen Adiong Sacar, Material Engineer at DPWH Region 5-B, all residents of Quezon City.

- Advertisement -

The warrants involved alleged violations of anti-graft and corrupt practices laws, malversation of public funds through falsification of public documents, and other related offenses filed before the anti-graft court’s Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Divisions.

Despite efforts to locate the four accused at their registered addresses, the police failed to serve the warrants.

On November 21 at 10:12 p.m., the QCPD Warrant Tracker Team, along with the Criminal Intelligence and Detection Group, conducted a casing operation at the residence of Ngo at Rolling Hills, New Manila.

A caretaker told the authorities that Ngo was no longer a resident there and that his whereabouts could not be determined.

Last November 22, 2025, QCPD-Station 10’s Warrant Section operatives went to the multiple locations of Cayco and Sacar.

At a condominium in South Triangle, relatives informed the police that Cayco” was on leave and not at the premises.

At two known addresses of Sacar, security personnel confirmed that he could not be located, and that further verification revealed that he had already vacated his house in Barangay Pinyahan in early August.

Authorities returned to the Rolling Hills Subdivision in an attempt to locate Ngo, but family members stated they had no communication with him since the issuance of the warrant.

They also conducted casing at the last known address of Serrano.

Residents reported that Serrano was last seen two weeks before the warrant’s issuance.

“While operatives visited all registered addresses of the accused, none of the subjects were present during the attempts; hence, no warrant was deemed served,” the QCPD statement read.

The QCPD assured that its personnel have intensified follow-up operations and are closely coordinating with other law enforcement to determine the possible movements of suspects, including the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) in Manila. 

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img