Cebu Pacific on Monday reported a slight drop in October passenger traffic, primarily due to engine supply chain issues and weather disruptions.
The Gokongwei-led airline carried 2.1 million passengers in October 2025, down 1 percent from the same month last year. The overall seat load factor (SLF) decreased to 79.3 percent from 80.5 percent last year, while seat capacity rose by 0.6 percent.
Domestic passengers decreased by 4.5 percent year-over-year on 6.1 percent lower seats, resulting in a domestic SLF of 82.5 percent.
International passenger traffic, meanwhile, grew 10.7 percent year-over-year, with seat capacity up 22.2 percent. International SLF fell by 7.4 percentage points to 71.4 percent.
For year-to-date 2025, Cebu Pacific has flown more than 22 million passengers, marking a 12.3 percent increase from 19.6 million in 2024.
Domestic passengers grew 10.8 percent to 16.4 million, while international passengers grew 17 percent to 5.6 million. Overall SLF averaged 84.3 percent for the period, while overall capacity in seats was up 12.5 percent to 26.1 million.
“October reflected our active capacity management, as we navigated ongoing supply chain challenges, particularly those related to Pratt & Whitney engines, as well as weather-related disruptions. Capacity growth was internationally moderated to ensure operational resilience ahead of the peak travel season,” said Mark Cezar, chief financial officer of Cebu Pacific.
“November is seeing similar headwinds and moderation, but we will be returning to double-digit capacity growth in December and January,” he said.
Cebu Pacific offers the widest network coverage in the Philippines with 37 domestic and 26 international destinations. It operates one of the youngest fleets in the world, with a fleet of 99 aircraft.







