The government has ordered free rides on major commuter rail lines and waived terminal and cargo fees for disaster relief operations.
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. instructed the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to implement free rides on the MRT-3, LRT-1 and LRT-2 for the entire day from Nov. 10 to 11, 2025.
The Office of the President (OP), the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) and the office of Senator Erwin Tulfo will also deploy buses to offer free transportation on Nov. 10.
The free bus rides, which could be extended until Nov. 11 depending on passenger needs, will cover routes including Quiapo-Fairview, Quiapo-Angono, Lawton-Alabang, Roxas Boulevard-Sucat and Taft-Cubao.
Local airlines have also waived cargo fees for goods being transported to residents in disaster-stricken areas.
DOTr acting Secretary Giovanni Lopez had earlier instructed the Toll Regulatory Board to make toll fees free for emergency and rescue vehicles needing to use expressways.
“The entire DOTr force is now focused on our countrymen affected by Super Typhoon Uwan,” said Lopez.
“It is the strong order of the President to do everything possible to facilitate the delivery of assistance to our countrymen affected by the typhoon, which is why we mobilized all transportation sectors early to speed up all government relief and rescue operations,” he said.
The DOTr said it is also providing food and beverages to passengers stranded at ports and bus terminals, while the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) continues to monitor the situation at airports affected by Super Typhoon Uwan.
Editor’s Note: This is an updated article. Originally posted with the headline: “DOTr orders free train rides, waives fees”







