Blue Ribbon to summon Guteza to attend Nov. 14 hearing
A Manila regional trial court ruled that the affidavit of “surprise” Senate witness Orly Guteza on the alleged kickbacks from flood-control projects was falsified, with a forged signature of the lawyer in the notarization.
In an 11-page order, Executive Judge Carolina Sison said notary public Petchie Rose Espera was a “victim” of the falsification case.
The ruling noted that laboratory comparative examination conducted on the signature specimens, forensic image analyzer, magnifying hand lens, and photographic enlargements revealed “significant fundamental differences in handwriting characteristics and habits between the questioned and the standard specimen signatures” of Espera.
Earlier in the day, Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson first broke the news that the Manila RTC has already reached a decision.
Guteza was first introduced before the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee during its Sept. 25 hearing by Senator Rodante Marcoleta.
Marcoleta said Guteza reached out to him, through the help of former Anakalusagan party-list Rep. Mike Defensor.
Marcoleta previously warned Espera that if she keeps on denying her signature in Guteza’s affidavit, she may be disbarred.

In his sworn statement supposedly notarized by Espera, whose signature was eventually found to have been forged, Guteza claimed he was a security consultant for former Ako Bicol party-list Rep. Zaldy Co.
He also alleged that he personally delivered suitcases of money to the residences of Co and Leyte Rep. Martin Romualdez.
Romualdez previously denounced as “an outright and complete fabrication” Guteza’s testimony, whom he likened to a coached witness.
“The witness’ claim that deliveries were made to McKinley beginning December 2024. That’s impossible. That property has been under renovation since January 2024 and was unoccupied except for construction workers. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus—false in one thing, false in everything,” Romualdez said.
“This is clearly political and the product of coaching. I will not allow these perjurious statements to pass unchallenged. I will not let this pass,” he added.
Lacson, who appeared poised to reassume the chairmanship of the Blue Ribbon Committee when Congress resumes session on Nov. 10, said a subpoena will be issued to Guteza for the Nov. 14 hearing.
“We will send the subpoena to him through Senator Marcoleta’s office and/or the residence or office of the former Representative Defensor. They were the ones who introduced him, especially Marcoleta, so hopefully they know how to reach him,” he said.
Lacson said high-profile government officials and private individuals are also set to appear before the Blue Ribbon committee.
“There’s already collusion between the DPWH and legislators who immediately insert projects. Where did that planning come from? The problem with our budget is that it has become contractor-driven, not need-based or priority-based,” he said in an interview with dzBB.
Lacson said the committee will follow the trail of evidence and investigate all contractors linked to the irregularities, including those previously identified by the President.







