Kapuso actress Barbie Forteza has donated P100,000 to Save the Children Philippines to support relief operations for families affected by the recent earthquake in Bogo City, Cebu.
The magnitude 6.9 quake, which struck on September 30, caused widespread damage to homes and infrastructure, leaving many families displaced and in urgent need of aid. Rescue and relief efforts are ongoing, with local government units and humanitarian groups working together to assist survivors.
Save the Children Philippines is providing food packs, drinking water, household and hygiene kits, and psychosocial support to help children and families recover from the disaster.
Forteza, who serves as one of the organization’s ambassadors, said she remains committed to ensuring children receive proper care and protection, especially during crises.
“Sigurado akong hindi ito ang buhay na pinapangarap nila,” Forteza said, referring to the young survivors. “Gusto nilang malayang makapaglaro, makapag-aral, at maka-uwi sa maayos na tahanan… dapat mas pangalagaan ang mga kabataan at siguraduhing sila ay may pag-asa at magandang kinabukasan.”
Natalia Tabal, Save the Children Philippines’ director for fundraising and marketing, expressed gratitude for the actress’s timely donation.
“Her generosity reminds us that everyone has a role in ensuring children’s rights to protection and education, even in the most difficult times,” Tabal said.
Earlier this year, GMA Network and Save the Children Philippines formed a partnership to advance the rights of Filipino children, naming Forteza and actor David Licauco as ambassadors to help amplify children’s voices and encourage public support for their welfare.







