The Department of Transportation (DOTr) said Monday it will deploy personnel along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City to assist commuters with public transportation.
The inter-agency operation, which begins on Sept. 24, is in response to a directive from the President to ensure safe and convenient public transport for commuters.
DOTr acting Secretary Giovanni Lopez, who personally commuted to work last week, said the effort would address issues such as long waiting times, irregular public utility vehicle (PUV) headways, overcrowding and unsafe boarding conditions.
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) observed that during peak hours, the number of PUVs deployed on the route is significantly lower than authorized.
Personnel will be stationed at high-impact areas to help commuters, especially senior citizens and persons with disabilities, with boarding and alighting. They will also monitor vehicle headways and dwell times.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and the Quezon City Department of Public Order and Safety (QC-DPOS) will also install new signages, markers, and barriers at designated loading and unloading zones.







