Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

PH ready to handle rise in Chinese visa demand

The Philippines is prepared to handle any increase in tourist visa applications from China, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Saturday.

Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Angelica Escalona stressed that visa requirements in place are meant to ensure that legitimate travelers are granted entry, not to prevent tourism. She said all Philippine posts can meet current demand and are ready to process more should applications rise.

- Advertisement -

Tourism Secretary Christina Frasco earlier cited the postponed e-visa program for Chinese travelers as a factor in missing the 2024 target of 7.7 million foreign visitors. She said the Philippines could have welcomed 2 million more arrivals had the program been in place.

Escalona said the DFA continues to work with the Department of Tourism and other agencies to boost arrivals, noting China’s importance as a source market. Visitor arrivals from China fell 24.4 percent from January to August, with only 182,228 arrivals compared to 241,041 in the same period last year.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img