The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) on Saturday said it has yet to verify allegations made by Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte that flood control projects worth ₱14.24 billion in the city were either disapproved, incomplete, or lacked certificates of coordination under the Local Government Code.
DPWH-NCR public information officer Jana Reyes said, “We are still coordinating with our two District Offices in Quezon City, and we are awaiting their respective reports.”
She also declined to comment further on Belmonte’s statement that anomalous projects had been undertaken in Quezon City.
“I am convinced that there are anomalous projects,” Belmonte said, expressing anger and frustration, claiming the DPWH had “disrespected” the city government.
The mayor noted that 16 projects applied for certificates of coordination but did not qualify, and only two projects obtained the necessary permits from the local government prior to construction.
“At the moment, we would like to respectfully decline. But once we have verified the information, and received the reports from our District Offices, we will update you,” Reyes told the Standard.
A 66-phase initiative, which is part of the 254 flood control projects, is currently under investigation by local authorities.







