THE Land Transportation Office has placed under alarm a motor vehicle tagged in a hit-and-run case involving a 74-year-old woman in Marikina City last week.
LTO chief Vigor Mendoza II said the registered owner of the Cherry Tiggo 5X Pro had already been issued with a show-cause order as part of the investigation to establish who was driving the car when the incident happened.
Based on the initial investigation, a CCTV copy obtained by LTO investigators showed the incident took place along A. Bonifacio Avenue in Barangay Tañong, Marikina City, involving a 74-year-old pedestrian.
“The incident is clearly captured on CCTV, showing the victim being thrown upon impact, thereby showing the extent of harm caused by the incident,” Mendoza said.
Instead of helping the old woman, the car driver sped off.
The LTO was able to gather details about the car, leading to the identification of the vehicle owner.
“In view thereof, you, as the registered owner, together with the designated driver, are hereby directed to appear before the Intelligence and Investigation Division… East Avenue, Quezon City, on 01 September 2025 (Monday) at 3 p.m., and to submit a written COMMENT/EXPLANATION to show cause why you should not be administratively charged,” the order read.
“Due to the gravity of the incident, the motor vehicle with Plate No. NFS6570 is hereby placed under ALARM STATUS, and the Driver’s License of the driver operating the subject vehicle shall be placed under a 90-day preventive suspension, which shall be surrendered immediately upon proper identification, pending investigation of this case,” the LTO said.







