Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

50k Filipinos reel from effects of ‘Isang,’ habagat—NDRRMC

More than 50,000 people have been affected by tropical cyclone ‘Isang’ and the southwest monsoon (habagat), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported Monday.

In its 8 a.m. bulletin, the NDRRMC said 50,678 individuals or 11,374 families were impacted across Cagayan Valley, the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Bicol Region, Soccsksargen, and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).

- Advertisement -

BARMM recorded the highest number of affected residents at 24,911 people or 5,013 families.

Of the total, 1,203 people (329 families) are currently in evacuation centers, while 24,075 others (4,815 families) are staying with relatives or in other shelters.

Flooding in 27 areas of Metro Manila has subsided, but three areas in BARMM remain underwater. Ten roads and two bridges earlier reported as affected are now passable.

The NDRRMC also reported two houses partially damaged — one in CAR and another in Soccsksargen.

Meanwhile, classes in 131 areas and work in one locality were suspended due to the weather disturbance.

The government has so far provided P1.7 million worth of assistance to affected communities, the agency said.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img