Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Foreign investment pledges in the Philippines slumped 64% in second quarter of 2025

MANILA— Foreign investment pledges in the Philippines dropped 64.4 percent to P67.38 billion in the second quarter of 2025 from P189.50 billion a year earlier, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) said Thursday.

The PSA data, which include investment commitments from various government agencies, showed that among the approved pledges, the Board of Investments secured the largest share at P56.65 billion.

- Advertisement -

This was followed by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority with P6.92 billion and the Clark Development Corp. with P1.10 billion.

Singapore was the top source of foreign investment pledges, committing P53.48 billion, or 79.4 percent of the total. The United States and the Netherlands followed with pledges of P3.96 billion and P1.91 billion, respectively.

The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply industry attracted the biggest share of pledges at P54.75 billion. The administrative and support service activities industry received P4.61 billion, and the manufacturing industry got P4.46 billion.

Among regions, the Bicol region secured the highest share of pledges at P32.21 billion, followed by the CALABARZON region at P21.39 billion and Central Luzon at P4.05 billion.

Total approved investments from both foreign and Filipino nationals also fell 58.5 percent to P299.08 billion in the second quarter of 2025 from P720.10 billion in the same period last year.

These investments are expected to generate 38,234 jobs, a 41.7 percent increase from the 26,981 jobs projected in the same quarter in 2024, the PSA said.

The PSA’s data on approved foreign investments differ from the foreign direct investment data monitored by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas which tracks actual investment inflows.

.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img