The Department of Economy, Planning, and Development (DEPDev) announced a review of flood control projects following President Marcos Jr.’s directive to identify failed, unfinished, or ‘ghost projects’ after his observations of substandard infrastructure in flood-affected areas.
Department of Economy, Planning and Development (DEPDev) Undersecretary Rosemarie Edillon said Tuesday the Regional Development Council (RDC) would begin crafting a protocol to review flood control projects.
The move aligns with President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s directive for the Regional Project Monitoring Committee (RPMC) to assess flood control projects. The RPMC will identify projects that have failed, are unfinished, or are suspected “ghost projects,” she said in a report by Philippine News Agency.
Marcos earlier said that in an inspection of flood-affected areas last week, he saw some substandard and collapsed projects.
Edillon said the RPMC, is a committee under the RDC, consists of regional line agencies, selected agencies and private sector representatives.
The RDC serves as the highest policy-making body in the region, coordinating and setting the direction for all economic and social development efforts at the subnational level.
Edillon said the RDC would begin drafting the audit protocol while awaiting the list from the Department of Public Works and Highways.
She said the protocol would include methods for verification, parameters and potential consultations with engineers to ensure an objective review, and that they would promptly report their findings to the RDC and the president.







