Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

E-games sales hit P114 billion, more than half of first-half gambling revenues

 E-games fueled a 26% surge in Philippine gambling revenue to P214.75 billion in the first half of 2025, with online gaming making up over half of total gross gaming revenues, PAGCOR reported.

E-games accounted for more than half of first-half gambling revenues in the Philippines, the country’s gaming regulator said, as the industry maintained strong performance.

Gross gaming revenues (GGR) reached P214.75 billion in the first half of 2025, up 26 percent from P171 billion in the same period last year, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) said.

- Advertisement -

The electronic games sector, comprising e-games, e-bingo and bingo grantees, led the industry with P114.83 billion in gross revenues, or 53.47 percent of total GGR, PAGCOR chairman and chief executive Alejandro Tengco said.

Licensed casinos, including integrated resorts and brick-and-mortar establishments in Metro Manila, Clark, Cebu, La Union, and Rizal, remained a significant revenue driver, contributing P93.36 billion, or 43.47 percent of the industry’s GGR.

PAGCOR-operated casinos added P6.56 billion, representing 3.06 percent of the overall industry performance.

Despite robust earnings from the online gaming space, Tengco urged the need for regulatory equilibrium as the industry evolves.

“PAGCOR recognizes the earning potential of the E-Games sector, but as the country’s gaming regulator, our foremost responsibility is to ensure that growth comes with accountability,” Tengco said.

“Our role goes beyond revenue generation; and as partners of the government in nation-building, we are committed to always strike a balance between enabling industry expansion and ensuring it aligns with responsible gaming standards,” he said.

The PAGCOR chief noted the state gaming agency recently signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ad Standards Council (ASC) to strengthen monitoring of gambling-related advertisements across all platforms.

It also recently ordered the takedown of all gambling ads in public spaces and primetime TV by Aug. 15.

“These efforts are part of our broader mission to ensure that online gambling is not only well-regulated but also aligned with public interest,” Tengco said.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img