NexGen Energy Corp. is in discussions with foreign investors to secure funding for its major renewable energy projects in the Philippines, its top executive said.
“NexGen is continually in active discussions with investors from Japan, China, Europe and the Middle East, who have expressed strong and serious interest in co-developing NexGen’s pipeline project,” NexGen president Eric Roxas said in a statement.
Roxas said advancing pre-development phases helps “generate more interest in our projects as well as enhance our shareholder value.”
NexGen, which debuted as a publicly listed company last year, reported progress in project development and financial standing during its 2025 annual stockholders’ meeting on July 7, 2025.
Roxas described 2024 as a “foundational year” for the company, marked by its successful initial public offering (IPO) in July 2024. The listing strengthened NexGen’s capital base and affirmed its long-term commitment to leading renewable energy development in the Philippines.
NexGen said it is focusing on long-term growth with 14 renewable projects in its development pipeline, all with awarded service contracts. These include two solar projects, seven offshore wind projects, and five onshore wind sites.
Four projects are in advanced stages. The 9.9-megawatt Palauig Solar Farm, an expansion of the company’s existing plant in Palauig, is slated for mid-2026 operation.
For the Real and Mauban Offshore Wind Farm projects, 120-meter Met Masts have been erected with wind instruments placed at various heights. Met masts are crucial for confirming a project’s wind resource potential.
The company is also preparing a Met Mast location for its Pandan Onshore Wind Project.
NexGen has registered for the government’s Green Energy Auction Program (GEAP 4) for the Palauig Solar Farm and plans to participate in the upcoming GEAP 5 for its offshore wind projects.







