Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

DFA says no Filipinos hurt in Lebanon pager blasts

The Department of Foreign Affairs assured Friday that no Filipino was hurt following the reported ‘pager blasts’ that struck Lebanon this week.

DFA Undersecretary Eduardo de Vega confirmed this information in an interview over the ABS-CBN News Channel.

- Advertisement -

“Absolutely no Filipinos were affected. You will note from the announcement that the deaths were connected with Hezbollah and we’d like to think that there are no Filipinos who are members,” De Vega said on the program ‘Headstart.’

The incident was reportedly orchestrated by the Lebanese paramilitary group Hezbollah related to its ongoing conflict with Israel.

According to reports, the explosives were detonated using pagers or ‘walkie-talkies’ that came from Taiwan. The attacks have so far killed 37 people and injured nearly 3,000.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img