Vice President Sara Duterte assured the public that they need not worry following the removal of 75 Philippine National Police (PNP) personnel who were previously assigned for her protection.
Duterte also said the public should not be compelled to contribute financially toward her security. She further emphasized the importance of her familyβs safety, urging the public to protect them from any form of violence, whether physical or online.
Duterte said she is making the appeal for protection for her family from personal attacks and attacks from the internet.
Duterte expressed her gratitude to the public and Senators Ronald Dela Rosa, Bong Go, and Robin Padilla for their support concerning her security pleas.
Duterte earlier appealed to PNP chief Gen. Rommel Francisco Marbil on Monday to spare her from supposed political harassment and lies.
In an open letter published on her Facebook page, Duterte denounced Marbilβs public statements, saying they were inconsistent and βdeceptive.β
βLet us spare our people from all the lies. Let us call it what it isβa clear case of political harassment,β the Vice President said.
Marbil earlier ordered the removal of 75 police personnel from the Vice Presidentβs security detail. The said personnel were transferred from Mindanao to Metro Manila.
Duterte noted that the relief order came after she resigned from the Department of Education after she compared the State of the Nation Address to a βcatastrophic event,β and after a deepfake video of President Marcos surfaced on social media.
She clarified that the Vice President Protection Division (VPPD) assigned by the National Police Commission (Napolcom) was organized to give the second highest government official discretion over her security detail.
Duterte also insisted her security team was recalled by the PNP Police Security Protection Group without any advance notification, contrary to Marbilβs statement that they coordinated with the Office of the Vice President.







